This report covers my Waitematā Local Board Activities during May 2016 as Deputy Chair of the Finance Committee; Deputy Chair of the Hearings Committee; Lead of the Parks and Open Spaces portfolio; Heritage, Urban Design and Planning portfolio holder; and Local Board representative on the K Road Business Association.
- The Local Board voted through $10,000 funding for a community-led plan for Great North Road at its May business meeting
- Western Park paving renewals are progressing with an expected completion at the end of June and the resource consent for replacement lighting submitted
- Rabbit control has been undertaken in Western Springs reserve, dramatically reducing numbers
- Weed control work was carried out in the Rose Road gully in Grey Lynn Park
- Path renewal work continues at Cox’s Bay Reserve
- The Newton/Eden Terrace Area Plan work is being resumed after being delayed by the re-siting of the planned Newton City Rail Link Station to Mount Eden Station
- Public feedback on the Auckland Domain Masterplan has been reported back to the Auckland Domain Committee, of which I am a member. The Domain Committee will informally consider this feedback before consequential changes to the Master Plan are made with the intent of adoption in June/July 2016
- I keep track of resource consent applications as they are received by Council, requesting further information, plans and Assessments of Environmental Effects for applications of interest. Significant applications are referred to the relevant residents’ associations for their input which I then relay to planners as part of the Local Board’s input. Reporting of resource consent applications, planning portfolio input, hearings and decisions in the Local Board area for this month is detailed in the Heritage, Urban Design and Planning section of this report under the headings ‘Planning’: ‘Resource Consents’.