This report covers my Waitematā Local Board Activities in mid-October to mid-November 2018 as Lead of the Planning and Heritage portfolio; co-holder of the Transport portfolio; Local Board representative on the Parnell Business Association; and member of the Auckland Domain Committee.
- I moved a Notice of Motion at the 16 October business meeting of the Local Board to support in principle the re-installation of bollards at the north-east and north-west ends of Saint Patrick’s Square as per the request of the Roman Catholic Bishop of Diocese of Auckland and request from Auckland Transport a rough order of costs. This was supported unanimously by the board: carried as resolution WTM/2018/153.
- I attended the K’ Road Business Association AGM on 25 October
- I attended the Saint Mary’s Bay Resident’s Association AGM on 29 October
- I attended the Parnell Festival of Roses on 18 November
- I keep track of resource consent applications as they are received by Council, requesting further information, plans and Assessments of Environmental Effects for applications of interest. Significant applications are referred to the relevant residents’ associations for their input which I then relay to planners as part of the Local Board’s input. Reporting of resource consent applications, planning portfolio input, hearings and decisions in the Local Board area for this month is detailed in the Heritage, Urban Design and Planning section of this report under the headings ‘Planning’: ‘Resource Consents’