This report covers my Waitematā Local Board Activities in mid-September to October 2018 as Lead of the Planning and Heritage portfolio; co-holder of the Transport portfolio; Local Board representative on the Parnell Business Association; and member of the Auckland Domain Committee.
- At the business meeting on the 16th of October I will be moving a Notice of Motion to support in principle the re-installation of bollards in Saint Patrick’s Square and request a rough order of costs from Auckland Transport
- I led the Heritage Foreshore Guided Walk – a 3.5-hour walk that traces the pre-1840 shoreline of Auckland – on Sunday 30 September. This was the Local Board’s contribution to the Auckland Council Heritage Festival. More details below
- I took part in a Resource Management Act Commissioner’s Forum on 25 September at the Town Hall Council Chambers
- I attended the Parnell Business Association’s AGM on the evening of 27 September as the Local Board’s representative
- I attended the Parnell Heritage AGM on 13 September
- I keep track of resource consent applications as they are received by Council, requesting further information, plans and Assessments of Environmental Effects for applications of interest. Significant applications are referred to the relevant residents’ associations for their input which I then relay to planners as part of the Local Board’s input. Reporting of resource consent applications, planning portfolio input, hearings and decisions in the Local Board area for this month is detailed in the Heritage, Urban Design and Planning section of this report under the headings ‘Planning’: ‘Resource Consents’